Skip to main content

You Want To Paint

In this episode - You Want to Paint . . .

Are you considering giving your home a fresh, new look? Whether you're moving into a new space or simply craving a change, there's no denying the beauty of a well-executed paint job in transforming the ambiance of your living space. When it comes to finding the right professionals for the job, look no further than "The Painting Company" in North County San Diego. As one satisfied customer, I’m excited to share my experience with this top-notch company.

I’ve been putting this project off for a long time. When I finally decided to take on our home interior painting project, my friends and neighbors were kind enough to volunteer their help, assuring me that “it would be a breeze.” Realistically, the walls of our home have 18-foot vaulted ceilings and rounded corners that needed major repair work. I did not have the necessary tools, confidence, or expertise to complete this project.

For example, during my four-year experience working at Home Depot Rental, I grudgingly listened to customers (bonehead questions) demanding a refund because paint sprayers were "malfunctioning." However, upon further investigation, it was evident that the equipment was not the problem--rather, it was the operator's lack of experience and skill. I’m sorry, but watching a YouTube tutorial does not qualify one as a professional painter.

I wanted a team of professionals who could bring our vision to life. The Painting Company came highly recommended by Angi, and now I understand why. I received Sara's welcoming call, we scheduled an appointment, and I knew this company was perfect for me.

A few days later, I met Wayne Benton, the project estimator; I was impressed by his professionalism, eye for color, and dedication to the company. His commitment to customer service was evident in his friendly greeting, firm handshake, and warm eye contact. I was also relieved that their in-house team of skilled painting professionals would handle the project—no outside contractors.

Once the job started, we had the privilege of working with Manuel, the project's foreman, and his skilled team, who demonstrated a remarkable commitment to perfection. Every detail, brushstroke, and skillful handling of the paint sprayer was executed with precision and care. The result was a finished product that exceeded our expectations. The transformation was remarkable, breathing new life into our home.

While the quality of their work speaks volumes, The Painting Company doesn't stop there. Their reputation (from the online reviews) for punctuality, fair pricing, and outstanding customer service is well-deserved. From the very beginning, I felt valued as a customer. They understood the importance of my project and took the time to ensure that every concern, question, and preference was addressed.

As a satisfied customer, If you're in the North County San Diego area and seek professionals to breathe new life into your home, look no further. Call Sarah and tell her Patrick Ball sends his heartfelt thank you. The Painting Company is a rare gem in customer service. Their outstanding dedication to their craft and customers made our project stress-free and enjoyable.

I get it; you’re a do-it-yourselfer who wants to save a few bucks. If you’re confident in your painting ability, go ahead and paint. Otherwise, consider seeking professional assistance to ensure the job is done correctly.

I'm Patrick Ball; thanks for listening. See you in the next episode.

Comments

Most Popular of All Time

Back to School (Without the Triple Lindy)

I hadn’t set foot inside a public library in over thirty years. Last Saturday, when I walked through the sliding doors of the modern County of San Diego branch on Eucalyptus Avenue in Vista, my eyes instinctively scanned the floor for the familiar, comforting sight of varnished oak cabinets and brass pull-handles. Nothing . No card catalog. No little wooden drawers. No rows of index cards typed by someone who presumably had beautiful penmanship and a pension. I walked up to the front desk, looked the librarian dead in the eye, and asked with complete earnestness: "Where’s the card catalog?" She didn’t laugh, though she had every right to. Instead, she offered a warm, dry smile: "We magically had the computer digest it." And just like that, I was enrolled. Not the Rodney Dangerfield kind of back-to-school. No diving board, no loud blazer, no campus party, and thankfully, no need to convince anyone I belonged there. Just an overdue reminder that while I was busy with ...

Beyond Facts-The Deep Dive

✨ In this episode, Beyond Facts: Reimagining School–in the Age of AI . . .   This week's podcast is a bit different; it's another example of how Artificial Intelligence (AI) can offer tools to creatively enhance your analytical presentation of information. We took this week's blog and copied it into Gemini with the question, “If a story is to work, it must, on some level, create an illusion of escape and also achieve a goal simultaneously. Does this apply to my blog post that follows?” What's created is not just an analysis of the writing, but an AI-generated discussion produced “On the Fly” - Enjoy! Did you know that the word "school" comes from the ancient Greek word scholē , which originally meant "leisure"? Not a rigid schedule or droning lectures filled with "facts," but free time for thinking and conversation. To the Greeks, learning happened best when life slowed down—when you had room to reflect, to ask questions, and to wrestle ...

Doc Welch - The Country Doctor

In this episode, Doc Welch . . . Many authors have characterized life in rural Illinois over the years. Among the more notables are Edgar Lee Masters, who wrote Spoon River Anthology, Carl Sandburg for his poetry and biography of Abraham Lincoln, and little known to me until recently, my first doctor, whom everyone in town always called Doc Welch - James K. Welch, M.D.  (Feb. 7, 1915, to May 5, 1998) While exploring the microfilm of the Cuba Journal (published from 1884 to 1992), I consistently kept running across articles entitled The Country Doctor. This intrigued me. Doc Welch was a third-generation practicing Country Doctor in Cuba for over 40 years. His father, James William Welch, M.D., practiced medicine in Cuba for more than five decades. His grandfather, James Knox Welch, M.D., settled in Cuba after the Civil War. Cuba, Illinois, is a small, rural farming community in west-central Illinois, where I grew up. Like many small towns, it boasts a central square with a ban...

Vintage Vinyl

In this episode - Vintage Vinyl . . . Turntables are making a big comeback; why? Listening to music should be a multi-sensory experience. Harmony, rhythm, and the deep expression of emotion. Like a warm, gentle rain in the springtime cascading around you the room is filled with a resonant, rich, melodic sound. My emotions welled up, and tears come to my eyes. Ok, I get it, we need to step back to get some perspective here. Recently a visit to Lou's Records in Encinitas, California, inspired me to dig out my Vintage vinyl LP record collection. I selected the Carpenters Singles 1969- 1973 . This musical duo reigned from 1969-to 1982 with the rich, full melodic voice of Karen Carpenter. They were one of the biggest-selling groups of the 1970s. "No fewer than ten of their singles went on to become million-sellers, and by 2005 combined worldwide sales of albums and singles well exceeded 100 million units." The tactile sensory experience of music begins with the album cover it...